Saturday 2 February 2013

Stupid Cupid


Not all of us love Valentine’s Day. My recent experiences mean I am not an exception. Therefore, in my quest to find something to post about Valentine’s Day I found some gorgeous ANTI-Valentines gifts and trinkets.

Whether you are a sexy single or a disappointed partner, these gifts to yourself will make you smile and remember the funny side of romance.


My first is in single and definitely not mingle…..

Happy "freedom" day ;)
Stitchmomma

This beautiful embroidery pattern is for all those people who are sick of the mushy Valentine’s day themes and who want to celebrate their single-ness. Although Valentine’s day origin is shrouded in mystery, the “Valentine” (in which ever version) is generally accepted to be a martyr. So why not celebrate your own martyrdom with this gorgeous pattern from Kelly at Stitchmomma.


I’m lovin’ it

Perhaps not quite as much as I would love a burger, but OK... ;)
Purple Treasures

This cute little key ring makes me smile. It is absolutely gorgeous. What is more ANTI-Valentine than wearing a key ring that pretty much says “Glad I’m not with you!” Let’s all celebrate Single Awareness Day together!! (Anyone else notice that the initials of that phrase spell S.A.D.??)You’re your addition to your singles kit from Christy at purple treasures.



Violence is never the answer…

Its like a sad version of the ginger bread man...not the gumdrop buttons!
rubygirl
But passive aggressiveness can be helpful! This unique silver pendant is very creative. Hand cast from a rubber doll, the pins give a small amount of contrast. Let’s face it, nothing says “I don’t need you” like a sterling silver voodoo doll handing around your neck. This one off item is available from Shannon at rubygirl.


Cupid’s on the prowl

Watch out for those arrows!
Jewels4Thought

This bottle top pendant is a fabulous ANTI-Valentines piece of jewellery. It’s hip and young (Wow, that doesn’t make me sound old, does it?) and is just a really nice and simple piece of ANTI-Valentines/Singles Awareness Day jewellery. Though Cupid may not be your homeboy, just beware Cupid’s descendants; those pesky cherubs! From Tracey and Audrey at Jewels4Thought!!



Because I am still a bit bitter…. J


Can you get these books in bigger sizes!!
Journaling Jane

I was in hysterics at this one. Its brilliant!! Although, perhaps this notebook isn’t big enough to list ALL the reasons… This is a fabulous buy for anyone who is still a bit sore about a break up or for a bit of a giggle with a friend. This is one of my favourite things on Etsy at the moment as it is so simple and yet so poignant. Get yours from Paula at Journaling Jane.


------------------------


So, there you have it! However you celebrate February the 14th there is a gift for everyone. Thank you to all the craftsters/sellers who have let me feature their pieces this week. I hope you enjoy their work as much as I do.

See you next time!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for including my pattern in your post! And you found so many other great items. I love the "reasons you suck" notebook!!

    ReplyDelete